Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Wednesday Wonders

Welcome back to my
WEDNESDAY WONDERS






From the edge of the desert,
successfully mapped.
(Of course, I still use maps.}


The place is Nevada, 
where many folks head to Las Vegas.
But there is so much more waiting to be explored 
even just 16 miles away from Las Vegas.



One of my favorite Nevada destinations.

Red Rock Canyon




Night 



and day in the desert.

Words will never explain the total peace 
that one feels anywhere in the desert. 
You must experience for yourself.
You only need to live one sunset.

"The desert, when the sun comes up,

I couldn't tell you where
 heaven stopped and the Earth began."
Tom Hanks

I'm a grateful person for having a grandfather
(that after long consideration) decided to make the desert his new home,
 when my father was just twelve. 


How about a bit of humor to our adventure?
 Shall we send in the clowns?


Going north about three hundred miles from Las Vegas is 
Tonopah, Nevada.




Clown Motel




Another comfort from the desert,
"All sunshine makes the desert."
Arabian Proverb

I hope you enjoyed a bit of clowning around today.
Enjoy your adventures and take good care of you.


Today I'll be happier than a bird with a french fry.
Cuz I'm one cool cat!
Look out squirrels!



11 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I love the desert! It's been so long since I've been out west.

Debbie said...

is that you looking all pretty in the desert?? i LOVE being outdoors and will always choose it first as a destination. i have never been to a desert, i'm not sure i would be able to handle the heat or the terrain now. but a drive through, a/c on, camera in hand - now that sounds like an adventure i would love!!!

Christine said...

What an amazing landscape! Love those desert shots at dusk!

RedPat said...

I'd like to see the desert one day!

Anonymous said...

I love Canyon Lake and Superstition Mtn. in Arizona. Magical. Hugs.

Elephant's Child said...

I would LOVE to see the desert. Really love it.

Cranberry Morning said...

It's been a long time since I was out west in Arizona, actually, where there's also desert. I love the lush green of Wisconsin, but there's something really special about the desert too. Such a different and amazing landscape.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I noticed you weren't wearing hiking boots.

baili said...

wow your post made my day!

i found deserts Fascinating,they seem like a board where life has written lot but time erased all,i would love to wander and ponder upon lost

Revrunner said...

Hmm, still. Pretty creepy clown. :-)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I think the peace that you feel in your desert would be very similar to what we would experience in what we call in Australia the 'outback'.. Not sure about the clowns Karen 😀😀