Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Friday, February 17, 2017

Favourites - TP




In honor of this being our 400th post for 





Favourite or Favorite
however you spell it
bring your favorites here.

Quotes and photos, a couple of my favorite things,
and an afternoon visit to one of my favorite towns,
Northfield, Minnesota.


"To be too large for worry, too noble for anger,
too strong for fear,
and too happy to permit the presence of trouble."
Christian D. Larson






"This is for flames, for petals,
for the weight of night
and morning's distance."
(opening line of sidewalk quote below)


Always make your optimism come true.



Artwork by Northfield High School students.

"To think only the best,
to work only for the best,
and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others
as you are about your own worth."
Christian D. Larson




"To be so strong that nothing
can disturb your peace of mind."
Christian D. Larson




I see trees without leaves
knowing soon they'll be green.
Skies of blue
clouds of white
the white blessed days
wearing cheerful faces
and sharing smiles.



Look up!
I think to myself
What A Wonderful World



Do not be afraid to let your mind wander.






In the noisy confusion of life,
keep peace in your soul
and take good care of you.

9 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Karen and what inspiring words and artwork in your post!
Have a great weekend looking up!

Debbie said...

i enjoyed this karen, your quotes often speak deeply to me. "to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind" - that is one i need to write down, read and remember. your images are beautiful today - are you having blue skies in Minnesota in february??

thank you from the bottom of my heart for the comment you left for me today, how sweet and special it was!!!

Cloudia said...

oh honey! you just rock-a my soul!

Bob Scotney said...

An unusual and inspiring piece of artwork, Karen.

Alexia said...

Some thought-provoking photos and words, Karen. Thanks for sharing your favourites :)

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

400th! -- Kilroy

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

Inspiring words and wonderful shots of I assume your town. Makes me want to visit!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

What fantastic artwork created by the high school students! Blue skies and encouraging words do much to push us through the cold winter.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I enjoy your images and quotes. I love the sculpture and inspiring words. I especially love the Larson quote, we all need to be strong nowadays. Happy Sunday, enjoy your week ahead!